The SLX RD-M7100-SGS rear derailleur provides fast and precise shifting operations over a wide gear range. Guide and tension pulleys with 13 teeth and sealed bearings as well as a rubber damper reduce noise and increase ride comfort. They also improve the chain's grip under all conditions.
The Shimano RD-M7100 is specifically designed to work with 12-speed 1x drivetrains and is suitable for use with both the large 10-51 tooth and the smaller 10-45 tooth Shimano CS-M7100 cassette.
Shimano's new Direct Mount Rear Derailleur system gives more space around the rear frame dropout resulting in easier rear wheel removal but also allows frame designers to shorten chain stays, increase axel sizes and move suspension pivots.
- SLX Shadow plus 12-speed rear derailleur for the ultimate in shifting performance and durability
- Shadow plus features a super low profile design and optimized slant angle for super light shifting action
- Shadow Plus uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain maintaining more stable drive and shifting
- Single tension spring prevents contact with the chainstay resulting in a silent ride
- Rubber bumper on pulley cage for added silent drive
- 13T pulleys and decreased derailleur tension prevent high chain tension in low gears
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- Cold forged wide alloy links and pivot body
- Four fluorine-coated link pin bushings
- Strong return spring for a positive shifting feel
- Specifically designed to work with 12-speed 1x drivetrains
- Durable sealed 13T bearing pulleys for low friction
- Top normal spring uses the spring to select higher gears
- Max low sprocket: 51T (1x 12-speed)
- 41T capacity SGS cage
- Average weight 240g